Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
Water Testing Services in Tampa
If you want to know exactly how healthy and clean your water is, the best way to do it is to call our pros for water testing. It is recommended that homeowners who use municipal water test every 3-4 years and those using water from wells test every year. Municipal water is tested frequently as per laws and regulations, but that doesn’t mean your water is 100% safe. To be sure, you want an expert to test your water and that’s where we come in.
Our plumbing experts have an average of 10 years’ experience in the field, and they know exactly how to administer the tests properly and analyze the results. Once we have the results of your water test, we’ll provide you with a full report detailing our findings. If any serious problems have been detected, we will include recommendations on how to quickly, efficiently and correctly remedy the problem so that your water is safe for you and your family.
Do you need to test your home’s water in Tampa, FL? Call Peninsular Plumbing today!
Reasons to Test Your Water
So when should you test your home’s water? Here are the top reasons we are called to do so:
- A new home purchase – if you have recently purchased a new home, it’s important to know that your water is going to be healthy. Let us put your mind at ease with our expert testing services.
- When you see discoloration – if you are seeing discolored water coming from both of your taps, there can be a number of reasons for this. We can determine the cause and help you repair the issue.
- When the water tastes or smells odd – your water should not have a strange taste or odor to it. As soon as you detect either of these problems, call us for help.
- There’s been a recent breach in the system – whether your well was affected by excess run–off or your municipal system experienced a systemic problem, let us test your water to make sure it is in good shape.
- There are recurring gastrointestinal issues within the members of your household – if you have found that the members of your home are experiencing recurrent gastrointestinal problems, it may be the water in your home.
What We Test For
There are a number of things we test for when we test your home’s water, but there are four specific items that we look for:
- Hardness – high mineralization isn’t bad for your health, but it can be bad for your plumbing system and water–using appliances. We’ll be able to determine how hard your water is by testing it.
- Acidity levels – healthy water should come in around a 7 on a scale of 0 to 14. Any less than 7 means your water is too acidic and higher than 7 means your water has too much base.
- Total amount of coliforms – bacteria, viruses and parasites fall into the total coliform category, and we want to make sure your water has none of these particulates.
- Fecal coliforms – this type of coliform is specific to digestive waste from humans and animals; E. coli falls into this category. These particulates aren’t dangerous themselves, but they often indicate that other total coliforms, which can be dangerous, are present.
Let us give you the peace of mind you deserve by hiring us for professional water testing services in Tampa!